Why become a Yoga Teacher?
Top Reasons to Become a Yoga Teacher
- Inspire Students & Change Lives – There are very few jobs that provide you with the opportunity to impact the lives of so many people on a daily basis. Every time you get up in front of a class of yoga students, you’ll have the opportunity to truly inspire people. That’s an amazing gift and a rare and rewarding job to have.
- Deepen Your Practice – Students come to class looking for guidance, but they also give back to you (as the teacher) an incredible amount of energy and insight. You’ll be amazed how much you learn from teaching yoga. Teaching is a powerful way to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga.
- Enjoy a Flexible Schedule – Most yoga teachers we know only work three-to-four hours each day, and the rest of their time is theirs to do as they please. You have tons of other interests in life that you haven’t had time to pursue because you’ve been working full-time, often in a job that you’re not passionate about.
- Earn a Good Salary – Years ago, most yoga teachers hardly earned enough to get by; but today, The Healing Network™ certified yoga teachers are highly specialized and highly valued employees who are paid very well for their work. While yoga teaching is not likely to make you rich, you can live a financially comfortable and exciting life as a teacher.
- Live and Breathe Yoga – Let’s face it, living a healthy lifestyle is not easy. When I started down the path of yoga, all my old friends were living very toxic lifestyles. When I became a yoga teacher, that all changed. My new friends and co-workers loved yoga, and just like me, they were committed to healthy living. There’s nothing more powerful than having a positive peer group, and for many teachers, this often leads to a revolution in your personal health and lifestyle.